The first organization that I would love to be apart
would be the Children’s Defense Fund, they work in all capacities to advocate
for children. I would love to get the
chance to work with Ms. Marian Edelman Wright who is known through the
profession as an advocate for education. They have a teacher institute program
that they for professional development during the summer time. They host
conferences to help educators with their professional development so that they
can better assist students that may have different barriers to their learning. This would be a great organization to be a part
of communities of practices to give insight to how you as an educator overcome
these barriers to get your students the information they need. Also Dr. Edelman-Wright
has done advocating for children having access to pre-k programs. There are not
any opportunities for careers but they do encourage financial support to keep initiatives
going.
The next organization which I am sure will be a
common one amongst our group is the National Association for the Education of
Young Children. The NAEYC have several
things that I am interested in that they are involved in but my main focus
right now is standards for child care program workers. They have a program that
is for the development of the workforce. It is called the Early Childhood
Workforce Systems Initiative’s (ECWSI). They are working to assist states in
creating and developing and implementing their own policies for all early
childhood education professionals working with or even on behalf of young
children. Their intention for this policy creation is to make teacher actions intentionally.
This will help ensure the teachers will become competent and stable fixtures in
these classrooms and able to remain professional of early childhood. The job
that I would be interested in the early learners coordinator in which the
coordinator will plan activities that would be vital to children and parents
throughout a local museum.
I have interest in the Zero to Three organizations. They
have several ties to the early childhood community. They focus on the
development of children from birth to age three. The se of course are the most
formidable years of a young child’s life. They too have suggestion on how to build
a strong workforce for infant and toddlers. All children in early childhood
need great teachers who are nurturing and professionals who can articulate
curriculum and needs of the children.
This is especially important for really young children as their brains
are growing and developing. You do not want to cause any childhood trauma so
you would want qualified trained professional in your infant and toddler
classrooms to make sure they are fostering appropriate development. They job on
the Zero to Three site that would interest me is the Senior Training Specialist;
it involves the person training and informing others of the prenatal to five developmental
in children. It would require facilitation and creation of trainings and
presentations to be given throughout the county.
Great minds think alike, I also would like to work with Children’s Defense Fund I am inspired by the many avenues in which they offer to help children and families get the best education for children. NAEYC offers a great program to help teachers as stable components in the classroom; I believe effective teachers are a lifeline to ensuring quality education for children.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing,
Sherry
It sounds like the children's defense fund would be a great organization. Do you feel that you would like to work with an organization that works with special needs children? I think you could learn and receive valuable information from working with this organization. Do you think you would like to lead a big conference one day?
ReplyDeleteHi Angelika -
ReplyDeleteI have heard a lot about NAEYC and Zero to Three organizations. I use these a lot when putting together presentations and other information for the teachers and directors I work with in Mississippi. I am sad to say that, although I have heard about Children's Defense Fund, I have not researched much on this organization. You have made me very interested in researching and learning more about this program and how it can help me to help others. Thank you for sharing!
Gena